Join School of the Wild in the morning before Meaning for a guided mindful sea swimming session that’ll help you be more brave, more outward thinking, and give you more headspace for the day ahead.
Being out in the sea in a big wide area makes you more conducive to being creative and open, creates mental space, and it helps you tackle uncertain and challenging situations, which can give you a useful perspective to take on the challenges of our dynamic and volatile world.
Starting with an introduction to the psychological, emotional and physical benefits of sea swimming, there will then be a discussion of your individual needs, your relationship to the sea, and your experience of sea swimming.
Then there’s the 30 to 45 min guided group sea swim.
Afterwards, there’ll be a group discussion indoors at a local cafe, over tea/coffee and a pastry (included).
I thoroughly enjoyed the swim. And that experience just before the conference meant that if I ever needed to I could find a ‘buddy’ during the day. It made me feel more at ease and more at home.”
– 2017 participant
Yes, it is November, but the sea is the same temperature as it is in June!
- You must be able to swim 100 metres
- Bring: swimming attire, wetsuit (can be hired), warm clothes to change into afterwards, including a woolly hat.
- If it’s too wavy, too windy or too rainy, you’ll be refunded in full
- Maximum of 10 people in each group
- You’ll be finished in time for you to get to the start of Meaning
This event is being organised and ticketed by School of the Wild.